Help Alfred Angelo Brides who won't be getting their dresses
Brides will be affected by Thursday's closing of a national chain. Our community can help - will you?
The Wedding Expo in association with former employees of Alfred Angelo Bridal are working together to make sure bridal dreams aren't shattered.
If you're recently married, would you donate a dress to a bride who paid for most of her dress and probably will never see it? Pass this on to your bridesmaids too if they'd like to donate their dresses.
For your generosity, we'll give each of you a customizable gift card for $200. And we'll have other prizes from other wedding pros to say thank you.
It is also possible that we open up an area for you to sell your dress at a steep discount, but you would need to handle all of that exchange yourself at the event.
If you can donate or are interested in selling your dress, please email and let me know the size of your gown.
Or, if you ordered a gown from Alfred Angelo that you never received and can provide the receipt showing you paid the deposit and a driver's license, please be our guest at this gown swap. We are hoping to provide you with a dress at no charge.
We're going to host the event on Thursday, July 27 at the Marriott Pyramid, 5151 San Francisco Rd NE, Albuquerque.
Drop offs will be from 1:30 - 4 p.m. in the atrium of the hotel
Pick out a dress from 4:30-7:30 p.m. in the Kokopelli room
If you have any questions about this, please contact Stacy at:
505-856-0426 / stacy@WeddingGuideNM.com
If you're donating:
- It doesn't have to be an Alfred Angelo dress.
- Bring it in any condition it's in. You don't have to have it dry cleaned before. We're hoping to get that donated, but if we can't, we'll let the brides take care of that expense - you've done enough. Thank you!
- Please put your name on the gown, so each bride knows who to thank.
- If your gown isn't picked out by an Alfred Angelo bride, you have the option of donating it to another charity that is helping local women or coming back to the Pyramid to pick it up.
- Even if your gown isn't picked on Thursday, July 27, by a bride, we're still giving each of you our gift card as a thank you!